WHAT: The AAJA National Governing Board will be conducting a search for a full-time Director of Marketing and Communications, based in San Francisco. This Director will lead the charge on building out an effective Marketing function, serve as a staff leader in brand communication, and be a driving force in AAJA implementing new grant initiatives.
- Design, implement, sustain, and evaluate a marketing strategy consistent with AAJA’s mission, brand, and value proposition. Apply this strategy to the promotion of AAJA, its member benefits, and its member and program recruitment via print, direct mail, electronic, and web-based marketing.
- Create, articulate, and implement strategic and tactical marketing plans and budgets working across departments.
- Assist in the development and implementation of membership benefits.
- Collaborate proactively and extensively with key players in the organization (governing board, officers, and staff) along with AAJA members
- Establish goals in a manner that ensures staff have a sense of responsibility and ownership for successful outcomes.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of AAJA’s niche within the field of journalism.
- Manage staff and vendors to produce and deliver effective, consistent messages that support and strengthen AAJA’s brand promise.
- Actively seek opportunities to promote AAJA through all forms of media.
- Lead three staff and a part-time contractor.
- Assist Executive Director in grant writing and program development.
Applications received by July 31, 2013 will receive full consideration, but applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please send resume with cover letter including salary history/expectations to KathyC@aaja.org and include “Director of Marketing and Communications” in the subject line. Writing samples may be requested. Although we value initiative, we are unable to field calls about this position. Job Description: Director of Marketing and Communications
You must be logged in to post a comment.